How To Rock Your Outfit With A Bandana- Most of the time, but they sure can be an easy and inexpensive way to shake up a familiar piece.
Here are starter tips for subtle bandana styling:
- Tie it loose and let it sit on your collar bones. Definitely avoid tying it too tight or too high on your neck. Think more necklace, less choker.
- Wear your hair down — the effect will be much more subtle. In fact, in most of the photos we took for this post, we had to purposely make sure the bandana was showing because my hair kept hiding it.
- A chambray shirt always looks great with a bandana. It’s easy and fail proof — great for your first time styling a bandana. Bonus: you probably already have something chambray.
- Skip on other accessories like hats and statement jewelry.
- Tuck those bandana ends into the side/front of your collar — see the first photo for an example. You can see that mine slipped out in the third photo, and I actually like it either way, but tucked in is a subtle way to start.
- Try wearing a bandana in the same color family as your shirt, like how I paired a navy bandana with a deep blue shirt.